VTNV Solutions Limited dba LE VPN (hereinafter referred to as “LE VPN”, “we”, “us” and “our”), provides you with the website le-vpn.com (hereinafter referred to as our “Site”) and the services available through it (hereinafter referred to as the “Le VPN Service”).
The Le VPN Service provides you with access to our network of servers around the world. We also provide various software tools such as the LE VPN software for desktop computers and laptops, mobile apps for iOS and Android devices (the “Software”), which allow you to connect easily to our Le VPN Service although you may connect without using our Software. The Le VPN Service also includes a SmartDNS service for desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, routers, smartTVs and game consoles.
We do not guarantee uninterrupted functioning of external services (for example, media channels, streaming services, gaming, external apps, etc.) with our Le VPN Service even if they may be listed as an example on our website.
1. Information we collect from you
What data we collect: When you register we will collect your username, email address, password (encrypted) and IP address. By using our Site, you confirm that all data provided by you is accurate and not misleading.
Why we need this data: We will need your username and password in order to provide you with access to the web based control panel and to our downloadable Software. We will need your email address in case you forget your password or wish to receive email newsletters. Your IP address is logged by us so that we can prevent any spam, fraud or abuse of our Site and our Le VPN Service. If you do not use any of our Le VPN Service, we may decide to store this data for up to five years after your account has become inactive. If you continue to use our Le VPN Service, we will store your registration data for as long as you are using one of our services or have an active account, and for up to five years after that. We may keep your registration data for an extended period as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How we use this data: we use this data to provide the Le VPN Service to you and to prevent fraud and abuse. From time to time we may email you news, updates and sales offers which you can easily opt out of receiving by clicking the “unsubscribe” in the relevant email. We use customer contact information to send customers information about our company and its products and services. Indeed, we may send marketing and service usage related communications to the clients, and the clients have an option to opt out of LE VPN marketing communication list via an unsubscribe option.
When you contact us: If you contact us through our Site for any reason (e.g. by email) we will generally store these communications for as long as necessary or required under law.
Le VPN Service: We will store (i) a time stamp and IP address when you connect and disconnect to our Le VPN service, and (ii) the amount data transmitted (up- and download) during your session together with the IP address of the individual VPN server used by you. We do not store details of, or monitor, the websites you connect to when using our Le VPN Service. We only proceed with such storage so that we can monitor the performance of both our Site and Le VPN Service. For example it enables us to (i) sort server nodes by the number of users connected, (ii) limit your account to the number of connections which are included in your plan, (iii) carry out usage analysis for administrative purposes, and (iv) prevent abuse and fraud. This data is stored on our system for a certain period of time even though we have no obligation to store any such data.
Like many other websites, the Site may utilize a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information about how the Site is used by users. Cookies were designed to help a website recognize previous visitors and thus save and remember any preferences such user may have set while browsing such a website. A cookie cannot retrieve any data from your hard drive, pass on a computer virus, or capture your e-mail address. We may utilize cookies within the Site in order to improve the Le VPN Service and your experience on the Site. Data collected via cookies allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using the Site. If you do not want information collected via cookies, there is a simple procedure utilized by most browsers that allows you to deny or accept the cookie feature.
3. Data Protection & Security
4. Limited Disclosure & No Trading of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or our safety, our users, or others; or
- if we receive a report from any person or organisation (including law enforcement) that leads us to suspect that your account has been used in connection with any wrong-doing, we may at our discretion suspend your account, but we will not disclose any personal information that may identify you unless we are legally compelled to do so.
5. Access to Your Personal Information
You may also correct, update, or delete your personal information by making the change on your account page. We will retain your information for up to five years after your account has become inactive. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. For more information please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Links to Third Party Websites
Our Site offers a publicly accessible blog that may require you to register to post a comment. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them.We do have access to and are able control and moderate all information posted to the blog.
8. Social Media Widgets
9. Copyright Violations
If we receive complaints regarding copyrighted materials such as music and movies being shared over our network, we may filter traffic to see which account is sending it, and then we may cancel that account without a refund.
1. Your status
By registering to use our Le VPN Service you confirm that:
- you will provide accurate and complete registration data (including payment information) and that you shall inform us of any changes in your registration data;
- by accessing and using our Site and the Le VPN Service provided on our Site, you are complying with all applicable laws and regulations in the country in which you are located.
For security reasons, we may from time to time ask you for an electronic copy of your ID documents (Passport, National ID, driver’s license, etc.) (i) to verify your identify before your account’s activation, or (ii) if we suspect any misuse of your account or payment fraud. We do not store these documents on our servers and they are immediately deleted once the verification has been performed. When registering, Clients shall not use any methods to bypass our security filters or risk estimation mechanisms.
2. Subscription Plans & Payment Terms
Our Le VPN Service is available on subscription plans of various durations.
You may download our Software to an unlimited number of devices; however, each subscription only entitles you to the number of simultaneous connections as allowed by us in your subscription.
Your subscription is for your own personal use only and you may not rent, lend, hire out or otherwise share your connection with another person.
The plans we offer, and the prices, are as shown on our Site. You can select the subscription plan that best suits your needs. We can change our prices at any time, but changes will not affect any subscription that you have already paid for.
All fees are charged and payable in full in advance unless we agree otherwise.
You must pay us in one of the currencies stated on our Site. Payment can be made by debit or credit cards, by Bitcoin or through one of the payment methods, shown on our Site. If you setup a recurring payment, you authorise us to take payment in this way on an ongoing basis using the payment details you provide until you tell us to change your method of payment. If you wish to change your method or payment, or change your payment details, please tell us as soon as you can so that we can try to implement the change before subscription expires. If we are unable to take a recurring payment, your subscription will not be renewed.
We do not provide our Le VPN Service to clients residing in Hong Kong and do not accept payments from Hong Kong credit cards, Hong Kong Paypal accounts or any other means of payment coming from Hong Kong.
All refund requests are processed by our support team during the standard working hours from Monday to Friday, and the delay of the refund processing depends on the payment method used by each user and does not depend on LE VPN. Any refund request initiated through PayPal or any other payment dispute/claim system will lead to immediate account termination without a refund.
We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 7 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your subscription. If the payment method you have used for your subscription does not support refunds (for instance Qiwi, CashU, Openbucks and other cash-based and alternative payment methods), no refund can be made.
4. Prohibited Uses
You may use our Site, Le VPN Service and Software only for personal and lawful purposes.
You may not use our Site, Le VPN Service and/or Software:
- to perform any security assessments including but not limited to penetration testing, security audits, ports scanning, vulnerability scanning, stress tests or DDoS (distributed denial-of-service);
- to resell, lease, distribute or provide our Le VPN Service to any third person;
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- in any way which contravenes the virus and hacking provisions as set out in Clause (Viruses, hacking and other offences);
- to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that is directed to inciting or producing imminent conduct that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable and is likely to produce such conduct;
- to send or transmit any illegal content, whether via e-mail, Usenet, or any other communication channel including but not limited to child pornography content;
- to impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- to attempt to access, probe, or connect to computing devices without proper authorization;
- to engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other account holder from using or enjoying the Le VPN Service;
- for professional and/or business purposes namely with a view to hide the location from which the user actually operates any online business including web hosting services;
- to establish on one given device an encrypted VPN connection (as part of our Le VPN Service) inside another encrypted VPN connection (as part of our Le VPN Service or not);
- to establish more than one encrypted VPN connection on the same device;
- to forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the system;
- to upload, download, post, reproduce, distribute, email or otherwise transmit any content (i) protected by copyright without first having obtained permission of the copyright owner, or (ii) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- to upload, post, send, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” or “pyramid schemes” via any communication channel;
- to interfere with or disrupt our Site’s system or servers or networks connected to our Site’s system, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to our Site’s system;
- to abuse our network so that it leads to degrade the Le VPN Service for other users;
- to collect or store personal data about other users without their knowledge; or
- to promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals.
You may only conduct P2P and file-sharing activities through the servers we specifically designated and dedicated for such activities.
5. Grant of licence
6. Intellectual property rights
You must not use any part of the materials on our Site or the Software for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or from our licensors.
7. Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse the Site, the Software or the Le VPN Service by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which are malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt, our Site, our Le VPN Service, the servers, equipment or network on which our Site or Le VPN Service is hosted, the Software used in the provision of our Site or Le VPN Service or any server, computer or database connected to our Site or Le VPN Service. You must not attack our Site or Le VPN Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any such criminal offences to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of any such criminal breach, your right to use our Site or Le VPN Service will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or Le VPN Service or due to your downloading of the Software, or on any website linked to it.
8. Affiliate Program
We offer an affiliate program under which users can become affiliates of LE VPN. Such affiliate program is governed by the Rules & Requirements of the Affiliates Program with which participants must comply. The Rules & Requirements of the Affiliates Program is available here.
9. Possible Measures in case of Material Breach
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site, Le VPN Service and/or Software with no refund (by either suspending or terminating your account with us); or
- issue of a warning to you; or
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach; or
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- blacklisting of the breaching user.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
Our Le VPN Service and the Software are provided to you on an “as is” basis without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its quality or suitability for any particular purpose. We hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and make no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness or satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose of our Le VPN Service and/or the Software.
11. Duties and Liability
11.1 User’s responsibilities
You shall be responsible and hold LE VPN harmless for:
- any action you take while using the Site, the Le VPN Service and the Software;
- any DMCA complaints filed by any third party against LE VPN on the basis of your actions;
You shall keep your devices healthy, well configured and not infected.
You shall respect our staff members by refraining from threatening or being verbally abusive with any of them.
11.2 Exclusion of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, LE VPN shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you or any user in connection with our Le VPN Service and/or the Software, or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Le VPN Service, including, without limitation any liability for any:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of, or damage caused to any client’s data or tangible property;
- loss of goodwill;
- failure to transmit client’s data into your computing device as part of the Le VPN Service;
- wasted management or office time; and
- other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if reasonably foreseeable.
12. Links from our site
Where our Site or Software contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility or liability for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
13. Jurisdiction & Governing Law
The courts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China will have jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Site or use of our Le VPN Service or Software.
14. Entire agreement
Last updated: June 2021